In this episode, tables are turned. Laura Fisk interviews me for the mentor series. I will answer questions about doing craft shows.
Want to hear from more experts about their tips and tricks? Check out the Mentor Series now!
- When was your first show? What was it like?
- What tricks did you learn along the way on your setup?
- How did you know your work was going to fit into shows?
- What was your pricing strategy? How did you do it?
- Planning your year and planning your show schedule, how do you do that?
- Where do you find new shows?
- How do you define if a show is good?
- What are some red flags to watch out for in shows?
- What are some unwritten rules of etiquette? Be nice
- How do you deal with oversaturations in your category?
- What are some things that you wish you were better with?
- What are some things that you think new artists get wrong?
Notes from Megan:
- Keep your setup simple.
- Set your expectations lower.
- Plan your shows as early as you can.
- Be nice and polite to everyone.
- The basic of sales: Always be available.